Fluorite – Tunisian crochet capelet pattern
An elegant Tunisian crochet cowl pattern that can be worked into a scarf or a blanket as well.
About the pattern
Use this Tunisian crochet capelet pattern to make an elegant accessory for yourself or a loved one who needs warm shoulders, using this detailed and adaptable pattern.
Use it for a chilly spring or autumn wedding, worked up in luxurious alpaca, or make a hard-wearing capelet out of rough wool to keep you warm on your forest adventures.
The shape of this capelet makes it sit nicely around your neck, draped over your shoulders. You can add a loop and button at the neck for extra stability.
The overall design of the capelet creates the illusion of an hourglass shape, emphasizing the waist, which is a staple of historical or historical-inspired clothing.
If you like to history-bound, this is an item that you might rely on more often than you’d expect.
You can add more pattern repeats for a wider capelet, or work more rows in pattern to get a longer cape.
Experienced beginner or intermediate, due to increases, twisted stitches and eyelets.
The pattern includes full written instructions to make the sample shown (measuring 100 cm across and 40 cm in depth), Tunisian crochet charts showing both the main repeat of the pattern and the edging, as well as a low-vision version.
Instructions are included to guide you through increasing the size of the capelet both in length and width.
- Yarn: a fingering or DK weight yarn – between 600-800 meters; in sample: one Katia Infinity Shawl cake, colorway 300 or violet-gray, which comes in cakes of 600 meters per 150 grams. Alternatives to this yarn;
- Hook – 5 mm cabled Tunisian crochet hook or hook size that goes with your yarn; 1.5-2 mm larger than hook recommended on the label;
- Tapestry needle and scissors.
The low vision version respects the following requirements:
- 24 point Arial font; 26 and 28 point and bold for headings;
- black text, white background;
- left justified, 1 inch margins;
- no columns;
- page numbers bottom left;
- no charts;
- all abbreviations explained in the list
- all images have alt text. If you notice any issues in the file, please let me know, so I can fix them.
Video for the beginning of a pattern repeat coming soon.
Special thanks to pattern testers who have made this pattern 200% better due to their amazing skills!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.