Babybee – Tunisian crochet baby blanket pattern
A Tunisian crochet baby blanket pattern with 4 different sizes.
About the pattern
This is a very basic pattern for a plain and soft Tunisian crochet baby blanket with 4 size options given in the pattern.
The pattern is perfect for beginners who want a quick Tunisian crochet project that is very useful and can be given to charities as well.
If you are more advanced, you can still use this pattern and do embroidery on top of the mid part.
You may replace the middle part of the pattern (the Tss stitches) with any other stitch pattern of your choosing, but respecting the stitch counts.
Keep the honeycomb edging, as this is the one that prevents the blanket from curling, regardless of what stitch pattern you use in the middle.
Sizes for blankets in the pattern, using the recommended yarn and hook size.
- NICU baby 61 cm by 46 cm or 24” by 18”
- Crib 117 cm by 61 cm or 46” by 24”
- Playpen/Receiving 102 cm by 102 cm 40” by 40”
- Swaddle 122 cm by 122 c or 48” by 48”
A video tutorial is available for the honeycomb stitch.
Beginner in Tunisian crochet. You will use Tunisian simple stitches and Tunisian purl stitches. No shaping is involved, no seaming either.
The pattern includes full written instructions to make 4 sizes of blanket, as shown in the sizes section above.
- Yarn: 180 (460, 670, 960) grams of size 2 baby yarn at 300 meters/100 grams. In sample, Himalaya Enjoy 50% bamboo, 50% acrylic yarn, colorway 234-06, orange.
- Hook: 5 mm Tunisian crochet hook with cable;
- Tapestry needle;
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.