Amigurumi dog bone toy pattern
incl. 19% VAT
Dog bone amigurumi pattern with US terms, UK terms, photo tutorial, easy read and mobile friendly versions included.
About this pattern
This dog bone amigurumi is the perfect toy for your dog, your friend’s dog or even a dog in your local shelter.
It’s very easy to make and also safe for being chewed on by dogs because of its construction. Felt it for extra security and safety for little sharp teeth.
It’s suitable for adult dogs of medium to large size, to be used under supervision, for throwing or tugging.
Once it gets dirty, just throw it in the washing machine and you’ll get it out good as new.
The original (unfelted) bone measures about 17 cm or 6.75″ long, 9 cm or 3.5″ wide at the ends (5 cm or 2″ in the middle part) and 4 cm or 1.5″ in thickness.
The felted bone measures less by about 1 cm or 0.4″ in each direction.
Beginner – you only need to know increases and invisible decreases in amigurumi. You can use regular tension with felting wool.
- Yarn – roving-style size 5 felting wool at 60 meters per 50 grams: about 82 g for all the components or 50 g for the outer shell in a natural color (white, gray, shades of brown); you can substitute this for velvet yarn at 120 meters per 100 grams for a toy not destined for dogs;
- Hook – 6 mm hook for felting wool or 4.5-mm crochet hook for velvet yarn;
- Scissors and tapestry needle for weaving in ends;
- Optional – stuffing for amigurumi if choosing a different yarn, or natural color sheep’s wool for stuffing that can be felted;
- Stitch markers – at least one.
Easy read version
The easy to read or low vision version respects the following requirements:
- 24 point Arial font; 26 and 28 point and bold for headings;
- black text, white background;
- left justified, 1 inch margins;
- no columns;
- page numbers bottom left;
- no charts;
- all abbreviations explained in the list.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.