Wheelie flower granny square pattern for blankets
This is a pattern for a lovely vintage inspired granny square used for blankets. The square features a large flower with 12 petals or a wheel with 12 spokes, depending on how you look at it.
Here’s another interesting granny square with a unique construction, inspired by an old blanket that someone wants to replicate.
It features a flower-like center and it has 12 petals worked sideways and a classic granny square edge, so it fits perfectly with other granny squares with 9 clusters per side.
Mix up 4 colors or more in this 7-row granny square pattern that will keep you entertained for hours making pretty flowers.
The pattern comes with full instructions in US and UK terms, charts for the square, plus color charts to show you what different color combinations might look like when assembled into blankets. You also get a blank chart for coloring and low vision versions of the US and UK terms.
Intermediate. You will be working off of detailed instructions and into the side of different stitches.
One square made using recommended yarn measures 14 cm or 5.5” across.
There is a table available for numbers of squares needed to make various sizes of blankets.
- Yarn – size 2-3 cotton yarn or acrylic in 4 colors, about 15 grams or 30-35 meters in total per square;
- Hook – 3 or 3.5-mm crochet hook or hook that goes with your chosen yarn;
- Scissors and tapestry needle for weaving in ends.
The low vision version respects the following requirements:
- 24 point Arial font; 26 and 28 point and bold for headings;
- black text, white background;
- left justified, 1 inch margins;
- no columns;
- page numbers bottom left;
- no charts;
- all abbreviations explained in the list.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.