Turtle dove amigurumi crochet pattern
Use this turtle dove amigurumi pattern to make fun toys as gifts or to make adorable Christmas tree decorations.
This pattern is suitable for experienced crocheters.
A turtle dove pattern made for enjoying all year long, but especially during the winter holidays.
Use chenille yarn for life-sized turtle doves or use thinner yarn to make adorable Christmas tree decorations that you will cherish for years to come.
When using the recommended yarn, the finished piece will measure about 20-24 cm (8-9″) from the tip of the head to the end of the tail, about 10 cm (4”) across the widest part of the body, about 10 cm (4”) in height.
If you want to make the bird larger, use blanket yarn and a suitable hook. For smaller versions, use regular DK weight or use sock weight yarn for an even smaller version, suitable for a brooch.
Intermediate – you have shaping and sewing of elements.
- Yarn: chenille yarn such as Himalaya Dolphin Baby or an alternative (find yarn
substitutes here); the yarn weight is 6 or super bulky/super chunky, at 120 meters per 100 grams, but the recommended hook on the label is 4.5 mm;
- Main color – any pastel works – about 50-60 grams or 60-70 meters;
- Contrast color – for accents, beak 2-3 meters;
- Optional – for a thin beak – pink DK weight – about 1-2 grams or 1-2 meters;
- Hook – 4.5 or 5-mm hook; optional hook for beak – 2.5-3 mm;
- Filling – about 20 grams of toy stuffing (poly fill or fiber fill)
- Tapestry needle;
- Stitch marker;
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.