Quadrillium cowl – Tunisian crochet pattern
incl. 19% VAT
A modern Tunisian crochet cowl pattern using a textured lattice Tunisian crochet stitch that can be worked into a scarf or a blanket as well.
Six sizes and a video tutorials included (right handed and left handed).
About the pattern
This is a cowl pattern with 6 sizes from child to adult, to be made with chunky yarn.
It features elegant texture made up of special Tunisian crochet clusters that create a diamond grid and are filled with Tunisian knit stitches.
The overall effect of interconnected diamonds gives this cowl elegance and an interesting surface texture.
In knitting, similar stitches are creating by slipping some stitches over your needles, but in Tunisian crochet you use the handy hook to pick up these loops wherever you want.
You could also make this cowl in the round, with a double-ended hook. In this case you can skip the first stitch and remove one loop from all loop counts.
The pattern has been tested and access to a video tutorial for the stitch pattern is included.
Intermediate in Tunisian crochet, due to use of three types of clusters, simple, purl and knit stitches, special seaming.
There is a table for head sizes and finished sizes. The sizes range between head sizes of 41 and 69 cm (between 16” and 27”) with about 4 cm or 1.5” ease. Choose the next size up for more ease.
- Yarn: chunky or bulky yarn, with 110-120 meters per 100 grams or about 120-131 yards per 3.5 ounces; between 100 and 240 meters (or more, if you intend on making your cowl taller);
- Hook – 8 mm Tunisian crochet hook with cable or long hook;
- Tapestry needle;
Easy read version
This pattern comes with an easy read/low vision file that is also mobile friendly, with the following characteristics:
- the main text is written in 24 point Arial font; 28 point and bold is used for headings;
- black text on white background;
- left justified text, 1 inch margins;
- no columns;
- page numbers on the bottom left part of the page;
- no charts;
- all abbreviations are explained in the list.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.