Ostsee bandana – Tunisian crochet pattern
incl. 19% VAT
An advanced Tunisian crochet pattern for a triangle-shaped bandana with ties, perfect for lovers of lace patterns.
This is an advanced lace pattern triangle-shaped bandana with ties, perfect for summer. Constructed from the tip at the bottom, it grows with each row, with an intricate lacy detail built on every row.
The size is variable and you can make it cover a larger or smaller area by changing the number of rows you work. The ties are practical and light.
It is made of light cotton yarn, which makes it ideal for wearing on the beach, in place of a hat.
The strawberry motif is regularly spaced and can be interpreted as hearts as well.
The name comes from the German name of the Baltic Sea.
Size and measurements
When meeting gauge and working all rows in the pattern, the triangle measures 60 cm across the top and 28 cm in depth, due to the slight elasticity of the lace pattern.
Advanced – you will work with eyelets, increases, decreases, various repeats of lace patterns.You need to be able to keep consistent tension in cotton yarn.
- Yarn: 50 g or 125-160 meters of size 2 cotton yarn at about 250-340 meters per 100 grams – for example 8/4 cotton yarn;
- Hook: Tunisian crochet hook with cable or straight, 5 mm or hook size that gets you gauge; 3.5 mm regular crochet hook for binding off and ties;
- Tapestry needle, scissors, tape measure;
- Optional: stitch markers;
Tools for blocking (iron with steam or other steamer), blocking mats and pins.
The easy read version respects the following requirements:
- 24 point Arial font; 26 and 28 point and bold for headings;
- black text, white background;
- left justified, 1 inch margins;
- no columns;
- page numbers bottom left;
- no charts required to make the pattern;
- all abbreviations explained in the list.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.