Fiery opal shawl – Tunisian crochet pattern
incl. 19% VAT
About the pattern
Inspired by the multicolored flames of the fire opal, this crescent-shaped Tunisian crochet lace shawl shows off beautiful yarn colors in a progressive mixture of peaks and valleys or banded petals.
Made in a lace weight yarn with a mohair halo, this shawl envelops your shoulders and provides warmth and comfort on a chilly spring or autumn evening.
Make it in a thicker yarn for a winter version.
Instructions are included to guide you through increasing the size of the shawl both in length and width.
Advanced, due to working with various stitches (simple, full, eyelets, decreases) and different pattern repeats throughout.
Size and measurements
This shawl can be made larger or smaller, depending on the row you stop on. For a larger shawl, continue working until the end of the instructions.
The sample made in the mentioned yarn has 80 rows, including the edge, and measures 150 cm in length and 75 cm in width, after blocking.
- Yarn: about 900-1500 meters or 150-250 grams of yarn of your preference in fingering, superfine or size 1 weight at 400-550 meters per 100 grams;
- Hook – 6 mm Tunisian crochet hook with cable, or hook that gets you gauge;
- Tapestry needle and scissors;
- Tools for blocking (iron with steam or other steamer), blocking mats and pins.
Sample made in 1 Katia Kaleido cake (900 m per 150 g), colorway 307.
The easy read version respects the following requirements:
- 24 point Arial font; 26 and 28 point and bold for headings;
- black text, white background;
- left justified, 1 inch margins;
- no columns;
- page numbers bottom left;
- no charts required to make the pattern;
- all abbreviations explained in the list.
Videos are available for the first 5 rows of this pattern.
Right-handed video: https://youtu.be/sZ3PVU60UUU
Left-handed video: https://youtu.be/HFK80zHZ17c
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.