Cozy pinecones – Tunisian crochet pocket shawl pattern
A cozy pocket shawl that works up fast in chunky yarn, but with wonderful texture on the pockets. For extra fun, you can add fringe at both ends.
Customizable in width and length, this rectangular shawl has no curl because of the incorporated honeycomb border.
About the pattern
This is a Tunisian crochet pocket shawl pattern that you can also use as a scarf if you skip the pockets. The shawl includes a non-curling border that goes all around it, textured pockets, and crochet fringe on the ends. The length is adjustable.
You can make the whole shawl and pocket in Tunisian simple stitch, if you prefer it to be simple. In that case, you will need to replace all the lace stitches with simple stitches.
The lace pattern on the pockets creates an illusion of open pinecones, ready to spill their seeds on a warm autumn evening.
Size and measurements
For a pocket shawl, the project should measure between 170-190 cm or 67-75″ in length, depending on your height and the length of your arms.
The pockets measure 22 cm by 24 cm (8.5″ by 9.5″). They are generous pockets and you can make them shorter by making fewer pattern repeats.
Intermediate in Tunisian crochet, due to lace that requires decreases, eyelets, knit stitches, reverse stitches.
The pattern includes full written instructions to make the sample shown, videos and Tunisian crochet charts showing how to make the pocket, as well as an easy read version with full instructions.
- Yarn: chunky weight or size 5 yarn, with 110-120 meters per 100 grams or about 120-131 yards per 3.5 ounces; between 450 and 550 grams (or more, if you intend on making your shawl wider or longer);
- Hook – 8 mm Tunisian crochet hook with cable or long straight hook; 6 mm regular hook;
- Tapestry needle;
- Optional: blocking mats and pins.
The easy read version respects the following requirements:
- 24 point Arial font; 26 and 28 point and bold for headings;
- black text, white background;
- left justified, 1 inch margins;
- no columns;
- page numbers bottom left;
- no charts required to make the pattern;
- all abbreviations explained in the list.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.